Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Movies and Albums And Comics...Oh my!!!!



How media is important in my life:

I believe that media plays a very important part in my life. I use or am influenced by media in almost all aspects of my life. Anything from getting the latest fashion tips from a magazine, going to movies with my friends, or even getting in trouble from text messages received in class, has all been influenced or caused by media. Without media I would feel lost and uninformed, I wouldn't be able to stay in contact easily with my friends or see whats going on in the world with an easy change of the channel. Growing up in a society with tons of mass media is normal for me I don't know what it was like back in the "olden days." I would say media is just a normal part of my day and I never really thought about how much of an important part it plays in my life


My Top Three:

Music: The most important form of media in my life! Just about everywhere i go i am listening to some sort of music, from my i-pod to the entertainers playing in the middle of downtown there is no escaping it. Music does so much for me. There are songs that have gotten me threw so many different stages in my life, if I'm sad I will listen to a certain genre to get in a better mood or there are songs that i can listen to in order to get all pumped for something. Music also brings out so many memories of fun times spent with loved ones or experiences. Music makes life much more enjoyable and fun rather than drab and boring.

Internet: To be honest...I probably spend at least half of my time on the Internet, anything from checking statues updates on Facebook, chatting to friends and/or roaming on YouTube finding the latest comedy acts of Kat Wi
lliams, Larry The Cable Guy or some crazy Parkour (Free-running) moves. There is so much information/entertainment at your fingertips why not make the best of it. I am just so glad there is no more dial-up Internet.


Movies: Another form of media that plays an important part in my life. I have spent countless hours watching classics, or going to see the latest horror films at the theaters. Movies are just a really fun way to spend an afternoon. My favourite movies are ones with an inspiring or positive message anything from Cars witch teaches people not to judge a book by it's cover and it is better to go at things with friends then by yourself to movies like Pay It Forward.



Pop Culture to Me.....

Like most things pop culture has it's ups and Downs for me. I enjoy the entertainment from T.V. comics, Internet, movies. And I love having all that information about anything and everything at your fingertips, but I get a little fed up of having to listen/read the scandals that are happening all the time with celebrities or the fuss some female celebrities get about having a baby bump when all they did was gain 5 pounds. But all in all I love Pop Culture, over the years it has gotten so much easier to communicate with friends and family, learn, and be able to experience different things. It just makes me wonder what our future pop culture will be like.


Desert Island Choices

If I had the choice of taking one album, one T.V show, one video game, one movie and one game to a desert island I would have to choose the following:

Music: The Offspring - Ixnay On The Hombre

I have been listening to The Offspring since I was 6 or 7 years old, I know pretty much every single song word for word. Every song on this album I can relate to somehow, these songs (as well as songs on their other albums) have gotten me threw so much, they calm me, and somehow make me feel positive again. I am such a fan of the Offspring I got the logo tattooed on my wrist. My step-dad and I went and got matching ones done (long story behind the reason why we did that)






Movie: G.I. Jane (1997)
I have watched this movie over and over again to the point were I am no longer aloud to watch it if my mom or sister are home because they have gotten so sick of it. First off I love Demi Moore (I also like the movie Ghost that she played in) and Viggo Mortensen (well he is just hot!!) They are both excellent actors. The main reason I love this movie is the way they show the true strength that women have and that we can do anything if we set our minds to it. Also if I'm stuck on a desert island some army moves might do me well defending myself...HEEYA

T.V Show: Hope and Faith
This show is my absolute favourite because it reminds me so much of my sister and I. We fight, laugh and cry together and in the end we are not only sisters but best friends. Also just like Hope and Faith, my sister and I have gotten ourselves into some pretty crazy situations. You can't help laughing at these two not to mention the other cast members, all and all this program represets some families/relationships of the real world.




No comments:

Post a Comment